1.27.2014

TV: The Creativity Killer

It's been almost two weeks since I've been without TV, and I can honestly say I don't miss it. In fact, I'm glad it's gone. Sure, I still stream the occasional Big Bang Theory episode online, but the extra amount of effort and poor video quality encourages me to do other things. I don't even want to think about how many hours, days of my life I've wasted watching mediocre uninteresting shows. Instead I've been reading, drawing, writing, listening to music, taking Lucy to the dog park, and dreaming of adventures to come.

I spend a lot of time reading, recently the Hunger Games Trilogy for the second time - just as good as the first time, but I managed to slow down enough to pick up on more details. I am currently reading Insurgent, the second book of the Divergent Trilogy, and finding it hard to put down.

Lucy's first trip to the dog park made me feel like I was taking my child to school for the first time. She was nervous, shy, and excited all at the same time. Maybe after a few more trips she'll figure out she's supposed to play with the other dogs. She seems like a normal size dog at home, but she's always the smallest one at the park. She looks especially tiny next to full grown Siberian Huskies which seem to be pretty common here.

If you've been thinking about ditching the TV subscription and the ridiculous bill that goes along with it, I highly recommend it. Internet is nice as it contains valuable information and inspiring ideas. And although it has plenty of ways to waste time as well, you have to actively seek them out. So, throw out that TV and explore your creative side, try something new, have an Adventure!

No comments: