1.27.2015

Future Plans

This seems like a topic that comes up a lot. As of now most of my plans are up in the air, but I am certain of a few things.
 
I’m fairly certain I’ll be moving again soon; Moab, Durango, and Chattanooga are my top considerations. Telluride is great, but it’s too expensive, too remote, and too cold.

I also want to step up my mountain bike racing. I can consistently place in the single speed category, which is essentially Cat 2, so it’s time for Cat 1. I’m pretty excited about it, even though I expect to be mid-pack at best. I’m also building a new bike for this. I’m aiming for a geared carbon hardtail but will have to borrow some parts from the single speed for a while. I recently bought a 1x10 drive train and put it on the Inbred for now to step up my training.

After more than a year of menial labor, I know that I want more in life. My brain has been turning to mush, and I plan to reverse that. I may just make it a hobby to study things that interest me, or I may end up taking classes. That largely depends on my next job.

I still have a goal of living on a sailboat someday. But, it’ll take at least two years to save up for a good one. In the meantime I’ll focus on racing and education.

No comments: