11.29.2019

The Snake

Snake Creek Gap Time Trial is a two race series covering 50 miles of rocky ridgeline singletrack in the mountains of North Georgia in the dead of winter - January 4 and February 8, 2020. It's hard to imagine a more difficult 50 mile race; naturally, I've wanted to race this course ever since I heard about it seven years ago. I've always lived just a bit too far to justify it but not now.

I haven't ridden much this past month due to several factors: the days are shorter, it got cold all of a sudden, job searching is time consuming and a bit depressing, and I've been playing with my 3D printer a lot. Riding motivation tends to fluctuate anyways; I think it's good to take a break every now and then to reset. But, with the first race just a little over a month away, it's time to get back at it. Once again, I'll be racing the single speed, because thumbs and suspension don't work well in the cold anyways. Very excite.

No comments: