10.30.2015

Fall!


Last week the trails were so clean, but three cold days with a constant drizzle brought down what seems like at least half of the leaves. Believe it or not, there is a trail in the picture above, just right of center. Even though I know the trail well it was not easy to follow. Lucy got on just fine though.

Surprisingly my tires are still gripping well, but I'm sure that'll change with more leaves. The weather was quite nice though.

On another note, among the mountain bike community of Oxford, this year will be remembered as the Armadillo Outbreak of '15. In 11 miles, I think I saw at least 8. I'm a little afraid for Lucy as they're probably the one animal she can catch. Fortunately the leaves crunching under my tires seemed to drown out the noise of their movement; she didn't chase a single one today.

No comments: